Fill Your Coverage Gaps With Inland Marine Insurance

Years ago, Inland Marine Insurance was used strictly in the ocean marine industry to protect against property losses before, during and after water transfers. Throughout time, the non-ocean part of the cargo journey developed, cargoes were transferred to barge, and thus, the term “inland marine” was coined. These policies became known as “floaters” because the property covered was originally “floating” in the ocean. In today’s insurance realm, Inland Marine coverage provides protection to fill gaps in commercial property protection or to reach specific limits of coverage. Here are some examples in which Inland Marine Insurance could potentially provide coverage for items typically excluded from a Commercial Property policy:

  • Expensive musical instruments used at a school
  • Camera equipment used by a government agency
  • A neon sign not attached to a business’s building, but owned by the business
  • Construction contractor’s mobile equipment that leaves the company’s property
  • Antiques, paintings, statues and fine art
  • Items that “float” from location to location
  • Items used for sales presentations that are taken to prospective clients’ offices
  • Regularly shipped and/or delivered goods

Inland Marine Insurance can provide specific coverage in the construction industry

Builder’s Risk protection corresponds to damage to buildings or structures under construction, renovation or repair. Contractor’s Equipment protects equipment and tools that are normally excluded under typical Builder’s Risk Insurance. Installation covers machinery and equipment during transit, installation and/or testing at project sites. Rigger’s Liability protection when acting as a rigger for the property of others in their care, control and custody.

Inland Marine Insurance can provide specific coverage in the transportation industry

Commercial Transport coverage corresponds to goods and merchandise in transit for truckers, warehouses, shippers and logistics operators. Legal Liability coverage is for sums the policyholder is obligated to cover as a result of damage from a covered loss to property of others. Motor Truck Cargo protects owners and operators of trucks against losses to owned property or property of others while in transport. Railroad Rolling Stock protects rolling stock owned or leased by railroad companies or other businesses. Tank Storage protects tanks, pipelines and appurtenances and their contents while in the insured’s care, custody and control.


Market Financial Group, can help you every step of the way. Contact us today to get started +1 888 459 3301.

Any Questions? How can we help?